What PDF translator do you use?

This is a general forum for all questions related to SPIS. If podssible (and neccessary) please refert to the lesson on which the question refers to.
thiefcrazy98

What PDF translator do you use?

Post by thiefcrazy98 »

Hi everyone!!! I have a question about translating PDF documents into Spanish via Translate.com. I recently tried it, but was left a bit disappointed. Some phrases sound completely unnatural and I'm worried that the meaning is lost. Has anyone experienced similar problems? How did you improve the quality of the translation? Maybe there are tricks worth trying?
tbes50203

Re: What PDF translator do you use?

Post by tbes50203 »

I too have used https://www.translate.com/services/pdf-translation/spanish for PDF translation and can share my experience. Yes, the process is quite convenient: you upload a document, and in a short time you get a ready translation. But, as you've already noticed, the quality is not always top-notch. I've come across the fact that the service doesn't handle the context well, especially if there are specific terms or phraseologies in the text. For example, when I was translating my marketing report, several key expressions came out completely out of place, and this could be misleading. I've found that there are several steps you should use to improve the quality of your translation. First, once you receive the translation, it's a good idea to do an initial review and mark phrases that sound suspicious. You can then compare the resulting text with the original and try to figure out where the errors occurred. In my case, this helped to identify several serious flaws, which were then corrected. I even used other online translators to compare the results and understand where Translate.com might have gone wrong. It's also important to keep in mind the format of the document: sometimes the translation can break the structure, especially if there are a lot of images or tables. This can be a problem, as losing context due to visuals can make the text less readable. If you have the option, it is a good idea to contact a native speaker or professional translator for a final check after translation. This will help ensure that the final text actually conveys the desired meaning. All in all, Translate.com can be a good tool, but it requires extra work and care.
EvanDuke

Re: What PDF translator do you use?

Post by EvanDuke »

I too have noticed that Translate.com can sometimes confuse phrases. Tried using several different translation services and it really helps. Combining the results can greatly improve the quality of the text. Also, as you say, double-checking with native speakers is very useful!